Giving to St George's Church
For Those Who Would Like to Give
The Church Council of St George’s commit to careful stewardship of all church income, and as a registered charity fully comply with the requirements of the Charity Commissioners. We set budgets each year and have annually audited published accounts showing where the money is spent. We also tithe our income, giving 10% of the donations we receive for the work of mission in the UK and overseas.
Your tithes and offerings assist us as together we seek to share the goodness of God in every area of society.
How Can You Help to resource the life and ministry of St George’s?
The best way is to join a planned giving scheme.
This can be done by:
- Setting up a Standing Order from your bank which is paid directly into St George’s account.
- Gift Aid will enable the church to benefit from a 25% addition to the amounts you give if you are a UK taxpayer.
Please complete a Gift Aid form which is available from the Treasurer or from welcome team members.
- Weekly envelopes into which you can put the amount you decide. These can be placed in the offering plate which is on the Information Desk in the church or one of the offering boxes which are placed within the church and at the entrance door.
- A Standing Order and Gift Aid form can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. Forms are also available from the Information Desk in the church on Sunday’s and the Church Offices, located at the rear of the church.
You can also email the Treasurer at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form.
Many employers allow you to give from your salary directly through payroll giving. If you would like to donate in this manner please contact our church treasurer at email@example.com
- Giving Online - For those who prefer the ease of online giving, please use our secure system below, or scroll down for further giving options
We do not normally pass a collection plate around during our services, but Visitors or those who cannot commit to regular giving can put their donations in the offering plate which can be found on the welcome stewards' desk at the rear of the church or one
of the offering boxes which are placed within the church and by the entrance door.
Giving By Post for those who cannot get to the church for any reason, or if you prefer to give this way. Please send cheques for the attention of the
Treasurer at Hope House,
8a St George's Road, Deal, Kent CT14 6BA
Church Legacy, a gift in your will can be an expression of gratitude and thanksgiving towards God, and can help resource the life of St George's and make things possible both for now and the future.
More information can be found in the leaflets
"For Those Who Would Like to Give" and Church Legacy
which can be found in the rack near the church doors,
or ask at anyone at the Information Desk, they will be happy to help you.